Pumpkin Seed Fun!
October is here and that means you will be carving pumpkins with the kiddos! Do you know that there are some creative ways to use all those pumpkins seeds? Here are a few great ways to put the seeds to use.
• Roast them. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Boil seeds on stove top for 10 min. Transfer seeds into a medium bowl and toss with oil. Add some flavoring such as, ranch seasoning, bbq powder, cinnamon and sugar, or your favorite flavor. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
• Add to cookie batter. Wash pumpkin seeds and add to your favorite cookie batter.
• Add to your granola! Wash pumpkins seeds and toss in with your favorite granola or trail mix.
• Dye the pumpkin seeds different colors and use for art projects for the kids. Use to make flower petals and tree leaves or a cool sun catcher!
• Make games for kids Halloween parties. Put them in a jar and have them guess how many.
• Make some construction paper pumpkins and number them 1-10. Have the kids glue on how many pumpkins seeds match the number. A great and fun learning project!
Have fun and create your own recipes or craft projects with the seeds!